Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Love you Jaxon

Dear baby Jaxon,

This morning I woke you up while you were still sleeping and moved you into my arms and cuddled on the rocking chair. I gave you a bottle and brushed your hair to put you ease while you ate.

Afterwards, you slept.

I couldn’t help and wonder if this is what you’ll look like when you’re old and I can only watch you from a far. I wondered if you would still have your hair or if you would b...
e surrounded by the laughter of your family or if you would be fishing by the river in the home that your parents owned and you took over.

I wondered when I should give the book I wrote you – with a few love letters over 9 months – and whether it should be a graduation gift or a wedding gift or when you have your first child or even a first birthday gift.

I reread them this morning and laughed and cried and smiled at the thought of you looking at them.

You are my heart, little one – always.

You can create smiles with your smile and laughter with your laugh. You already know peace in your heart and yet you have not seen the rest of this world. I hope you are able to bring peace to those who touch your soul.

I had hoped that you would grow up in Montana, with the love and laughter that I have known, but I believe there are other plans in place for you – more than I can image.

So we, your family, will guide you the best we can with wisdom that given to us. We will be there for you though it all and give you a lift where ever you need it.

I hope, whenever I give you this book, you’ll read it and laugh too. I hope you grin at yourself, give your father a big hug, and kiss me on the cheek.

I hope – forever – that you know you are loved.

Love,
Mommy
 


1 comment: